Monday 17 April 2017

Bento #174 - Yakitori with cheesy oven baked egg

Oh dear, the long weekends is gone in a flash....counting down to the next public holiday! Hope you have enjoyed your long weekends as much as I do!

Prepared yakitori (aka "satay" according to Rayson) this morning. Rayson often buy this in his school canteen but it's so easy to recreate at home! For me, the challenge is to skewer the meat properly so that they can be evenly cooked on the grill pan. I skewer too thick a piece today and it took such a long time to cook.

Actually, I wanted to bake some portobello mushrooms topped with cheese today but to my horror, I realized they have turned a bit watery with some milky liquid on them, they are spoilt right?

So...change of plans, I crack an egg into a small bowl (I forgot the proper name!), sprinkle some black pepper and topped the egg white with cheese. This received thumbs up from Rayson, as I always say, cheese never fails.




We had a lovely weekend with our staycation at Merchant Court!


I love Singapore, ain't it beautiful? Of course we must take a family portrait with such a nice background! I do not know when I will be back again...we have no reason to visit Clarke Quay..haa.




Rayes' first swim and he fell asleep! He looked so zen we were so worried and kept checking if he was still breathing!!!


So many people wonder how I manage my boys....My answer is I fail terribly everyday! But I am thankful I have a chance to start a fresh each new day. Don't raise up brats, guide them to Heaven. Who else can I turn to except God? So I pray earnestly that they have a close relationship with Him. 
Kai Sin


No comments:

Post a Comment