Friday 7 April 2017

Bento #171 - Rice cooker soy sauce chicken thighs and noodles

Modified this very easy and convenient recipe for rice cooker soy sauce chicken legs and I will definitely cook this soon again for dinner because it's so easy and yummy!

Well.....but I modified quite a bit....

Modified rice cooker soy sauce chicken thigh recipe
2 chicken boneless thighs

Marinade
1.5 tbsp soy sauce
0.5 tbsp dark soy sauce (for the colour, the dark soy sauce I used is thick and not very salty)
A few drops of maggi seasoning ( because I cannot leave it in the cupboard and not use...)
Some sesame oil
7-8 cloves of garlic (no harm putting more!)
7-8  slices of ginger (no harm putting more)
2 mushrooms cut into thin slices
1 star anise

Method
1) Marinate the chicken thighs and mushrooms with the marinade overnight
2) In the morning, pour everything into the rice cooker and add 350 ml (I only put 250 ml today and left with very little sauce). Oh, don't forget to put the hard boiled eggs ya!
3) Press the magic button 'Cook'..yea!!! (I went back to sleep.....will wake up 1 hour later)....
4) When you wake up....your whole house will be filled with the aroma of the soy sauce chicken..yum yum!!!

Ready to serve with rice or noodles!

For my noodles, I use......


I poured the leftover sauce into a bowl and add some sesame oil and ketchup (adjust according to your preference), if you have time, fry some shallots or ginger and add in the oil, it'll taste very good too!
Toss the noodles with the sauce and you are done!






Kai Sin


No comments:

Post a Comment