Friday 6 January 2017

For my loves - When you are searching for love, read about how Papa reappeared in Mama's life......Part 3

For my loves, Rayson, Rayden and Rayes,

I had successfully survived my one year of contract teaching and graduated from a one year intensive NIE PGDE course. Seriously, I have never studied so hard in my life, not even when I was in university! Anyway, thank God I would be embarking on a new journey as a teacher (officially!) in the school I was (currently still teaching there......) assigned to. Really got to enjoy my last bit of holidays before I start work.

I asked Mr Y (ex-classmate from JSS), who is also a teacher (and still is), out for a KTV session. He's a really good company because of his jolly character and I'm always amused by his infectious laughter which is much funnier than his jokes. I told him he's welcome to ask any other friends along for the session. I was not too concerned about the company because I was happy as long as I could sing, I love singing! (note: love singing does not equate to good at singing). 

And guess who joined us for KTV?

We agreed to meet at Jurong Entertainment Centre (very sad as the building has since been demolished and Jcube is standing in its place now). Ray was already there when I reached, he looks the same, clean, bright looking face and wearing a smile. 

It is definitely not love at first sight as our first sight was 10 years ago and no sparks flew. There was no adrenaline rush either or thumping of my heart. All was calm and comfortable. So comfortable I think maybe my heart has found its home (sorry if I made my readers lose their appetite). 

Maybe this is how love should be and love that will last. Thumping of the heart and the addicting rush is all for the moment but fades away before you know it. The familiarity adds an additional blanket of security because standing in front of me is a guy whom I have seen and known (even though we didn't talk...) since secondary school days and it's strangely assuring to see that he hasn't change much except that we are able to chat with each other now.

Upon reflection, I realized there couldn't be a better timing in meeting Ray, who just appeared in my life out of nowhere, after disappearing for a decade.

I met Ray at a time when I have learned how to love myself and that my self worth comes from God and nowhere else. 

I met Ray at a time when I was determined to stand firm on my faith and never fall away again. I remind myself never to make the same mistake as before and disappoint God again. 

I met Ray at a time when I know my purpose in life, where I stand and the direction I'm heading.

I met Ray at a time when I can appreciate a kind person like him, someone who will not hurt me with either his actions or words. That's my gut feeling but thank God he's such a man in reality. I used to take kindness for granted. Not anymore, not when my self esteem has ever been trampled on and smashed to pieces. 

                   God and only God knows.
                       His timing is perfect. 

So the 3 of us (Mr Y, Ray and I) had a good time singing which ended off with dinner and a good chat with each other. Thereafter, Ray and I continued with our dates......

We're a healthy pair. We like exercising and enjoy jogging together. One day after our jog, I mustered enough courage (I forgot if I prayed beforehand but nowadays I would have prayed) to share with him about God and invited him to the church that I'm attending.

                           He agreed!

I'm encouraged by his positiveness but yet I know there's still a long road ahead of us so I left all in the hands of our almighty God.

To be continued in Part 4......


Kai Sin


No comments:

Post a Comment